Truck Crash Lawyers in Saint Francois County, MO
Contact our experienced Saint Francois County, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Saint Francois County, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact Dixon’s Saint Francois County, MO, truck crash lawyers now for a free case review. We also specialize in personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered over $50 million for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Saint Francois County, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Saint Francois County, MO, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different causes for bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is crucial to contact truck crash attorney in Saint Francois County, MO, immediately if you or a family member were involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight more than 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, annually year, drowsy or fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Our Saint Francois County truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of truck-related accidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, one-third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Saint Francois County truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional common commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is important to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Saint Francois County, MO, as soon as possible if you’ve been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Saint Francois County
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a few tips to help Saint Francois County truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Saint Francois County, MO, truck crash attorneys right away. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Saint Francois County Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who often are in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help Saint Francois County, MO, victims with these cases and ensure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Saint Francois County, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Saint Francois County Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Saint Francois County truck wreck lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families get fair reimbursement for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents usually result in serious injuries or fatalities. It’s important to our firm to provide grade-A legal representation to Saint Francois County, MO, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a real and experienced Saint Francois County, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.