Truck Crash Lawyers in Sainte Genevieve County, MO
Contact our experienced Sainte Genevieve County, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Sainte Genevieve County, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact Dixon’s Sainte Genevieve County, MO, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered over $35,000,000 for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Sainte Genevieve County, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Sainte Genevieve County, MO, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different causes for bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is important to contact truck crash lawyer in Sainte Genevieve County, MO, immediately if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight more than 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which may lead to accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in a single year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Dixon’s Sainte Genevieve County truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck accidents and collisions. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, one-third of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Sainte Genevieve County truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other common commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s essential to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Sainte Genevieve County, MO, today if you or a family member have been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Sainte Genevieve County
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a few tips to help Sainte Genevieve County truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Sainte Genevieve County, MO, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Sainte Genevieve County Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Sainte Genevieve County, MO, victims with these types of claims and ensure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Sainte Genevieve County, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Sainte Genevieve County Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal counsel. The Sainte Genevieve County truck accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families get fair reimbursement for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents typically result in death or serious injury. We provide experienced legal representation to Sainte Genevieve County, MO, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a real and qualified Sainte Genevieve County, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.