Truck Crash Lawyers in Shawneetown, IL
Contact our experienced Shawneetown, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Shawneetown, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Please contact our Shawneetown, IL, truck crash lawyers now for more information. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered over $50 million for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Shawneetown, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Shawneetown, IL, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different reasons that lead to semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s important to reach out to a truck crash attorney in Shawneetown, IL, ASAP if you’re involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight over 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which may lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, in a single year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Dixon’s Shawneetown truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of truck-related wrecks. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Shawneetown truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other types of large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s essential to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Shawneetown, IL, now if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Shawneetown
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Shawneetown, IL, truck crash attorneys right away. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Shawneetown Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are often in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Shawneetown, IL, victims with these types of claims and ensure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Shawneetown, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Shawneetown Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Shawneetown truck crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families receive fair reimbursement for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents usually result in serious injuries or fatalities. It’s important to our firm to provide top-notch legal counsel to Shawneetown, IL, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to contact an actual and experienced Shawneetown, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.