Truck Crash Lawyers in Spanish Lake, MO
Contact our experienced Spanish Lake, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Spanish Lake, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help these victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Please contact our Spanish Lake, MO, truck crash lawyers today for more information. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in general personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $50 million for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Spanish Lake, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Spanish Lake, MO, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different reasons that lead to bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is important to reach out to a truck crash lawyer in Spanish Lake, MO, as soon as possible if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight over 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, annually year, drowsy or fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Our Spanish Lake truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck incidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, 29 percent of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Spanish Lake truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional common commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is critical to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Spanish Lake, MO, now if you or a family member have been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Spanish Lake
Truck crashes are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a few tips to help Spanish Lake truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Spanish Lake, MO, truck crash lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Spanish Lake Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to take a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who often are in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help Spanish Lake, MO, victims with these types of cases and ensure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Spanish Lake, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Spanish Lake Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Spanish Lake truck wreck attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families get just damages for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents often result in serious injuries and death. It’s important to our firm to provide grade-A legal representation to Spanish Lake, MO, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a real and qualified Spanish Lake, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.