Truck Crash Lawyers in St. Ann, MO
Contact our experienced St. Ann, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in St. Ann, MO. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact our St. Ann, MO, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. We also specialize in personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help St. Ann, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in St. Ann, MO, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different causes for semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is crucial to reach out to a truck crash attorney in St. Ann, MO, ASAP if you’re involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight more than 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, in a single year, drowsy or fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Dixon’s St. Ann truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of truck-related wrecks. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, 29 percent of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s St. Ann truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional common commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is essential to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer in St. Ann, MO, as soon as possible if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in St. Ann
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our St. Ann, MO, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your St. Ann Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to take a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are often in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers represent St. Ann, MO, victims with these claims and ensure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our St. Ann, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact St. Ann Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal counsel. The St. Ann truck accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families receive fair compensation for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents often result in serious injuries and death. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide experienced legal counsel to St. Ann, MO, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to an actual and qualified St. Ann, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.