Truck Crash Lawyers in St. Charles, MO
Contact our experienced St. Charles, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in St. Charles, MO. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help these victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. You can contact our St. Charles, MO, truck crash lawyers today for a free case review. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered more than $50 million for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help St. Charles, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in St. Charles, MO, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different causes for semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s crucial to get in touch with truck crash attorney in St. Charles, MO, as soon as possible if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks can weight over 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which may lead to accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, in one year, drowsy driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our St. Charles truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of commercial truck wrecks. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s St. Charles truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other common large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is important to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves St. Charles, MO, now if you or a family member have been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in St. Charles
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our St. Charles, MO, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your St. Charles Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are likely in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent St. Charles, MO, victims with these types of claims and make sure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our St. Charles, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our St. Charles Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The St. Charles truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families get just compensation for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents usually result in death or serious injury. We provide top-notch legal representation to St. Charles, MO, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact an actual and qualified St. Charles, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.