Truck Crash Lawyers in St. Louis County, MO
Contact our experienced St. Louis County, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in St. Louis County, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help these victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. You can contact Dixon’s St. Louis County, MO, truck crash lawyers today for a free case review. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered more than $50 million for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help St. Louis County, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in St. Louis County, MO, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different events that can cause bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is essential to contact truck crash lawyer in St. Louis County, MO, as soon as possible if you’ve been injured or involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight over 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to accidents. These truck crashes often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, annually year, drowsy or fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Dixon’s St. Louis County truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck accidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, almost a third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s St. Louis County truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional types of large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s important to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer in St. Louis County, MO, as soon as possible if you or a family member have been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in St. Louis County
Truck crashes are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our St. Louis County, MO, truck crash attorneys right away. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your St. Louis County Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are often in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help St. Louis County, MO, victims with these claims and make sure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our St. Louis County, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact St. Louis County Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The St. Louis County truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families receive fair and just reimbursement for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents often result in death or serious injury. It’s important to our firm to provide experienced legal counsel to St. Louis County, MO, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to an actual and experienced St. Louis County, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.