Truck Crash Lawyers in St. Paul, MO
Contact our experienced St. Paul, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in St. Paul, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Please contact our St. Paul, MO, truck crash lawyers now for more information. Dixon also specializes in personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered over $50 million for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help St. Paul, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in St. Paul, MO, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different reasons that lead to semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s essential to contact truck crash lawyer in St. Paul, MO, ASAP if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight over 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, in a single year, drowsy driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Dixon’s St. Paul truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck accidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, almost a third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s St. Paul truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional types of commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is essential to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer in St. Paul, MO, now if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in St. Paul
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a few tips to help St. Paul truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our St. Paul, MO, truck crash attorneys right away. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your St. Paul Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are often in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers represent St. Paul, MO, victims with these types of cases and ensure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our St. Paul, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact St. Paul Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The St. Paul truck crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families receive fair and just compensation for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents typically result in death or serious injury. It’s important to our firm to provide experienced legal counsel to St. Paul, MO, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact a real and experienced St. Paul, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.