Truck Crash Lawyers in Ste. Genevieve, MO
Contact our experienced Ste. Genevieve, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Ste. Genevieve, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Please contact Dixon’s Ste. Genevieve, MO, truck crash lawyers today for more information. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Ste. Genevieve, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of a commercial truck is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Ste. Genevieve, MO, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different events that can cause bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is crucial to get in touch with truck crash attorney in Ste. Genevieve, MO, as soon as possible if you or a family member were involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks can weight more than 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in one year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Ste. Genevieve truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of truck-related accidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, 29 percent of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Ste. Genevieve truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional common large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is essential to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Ste. Genevieve, MO, as soon as possible if you’ve been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. View our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Ste. Genevieve
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a few tips to help Ste. Genevieve truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Ste. Genevieve, MO, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Ste. Genevieve Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who often are in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Ste. Genevieve, MO, victims with these types of claims and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Ste. Genevieve, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Ste. Genevieve Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Ste. Genevieve truck crash attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families receive fair reimbursement for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Truck accidents usually result in death or serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide top-notch legal representation to Ste. Genevieve, MO, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to contact a real and qualified Ste. Genevieve, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.