Truck Crash Lawyers in Swansea, IL
Contact our experienced Swansea, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Swansea, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Swansea, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered over $50 million for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Swansea, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of a commercial truck is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Swansea, IL, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different causes for bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s important to get in touch with truck crash lawyer in Swansea, IL, immediately if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight more than 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, in a single year, drowsy driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Our Swansea truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of truck-related wrecks. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Swansea truck crash lawyers help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional types of commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s essential to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer in Swansea, IL, now if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Swansea
Truck crashes are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Swansea, IL, truck crash attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Swansea Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are often in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers represent Swansea, IL, victims with these claims and ensure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Swansea, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Swansea Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal counsel. The Swansea truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families get just reimbursement for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents typically result in serious injuries or fatalities. It’s important to our firm to provide grade-A legal representation to Swansea, IL, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact an actual and experienced Swansea, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.