Truck Crash Lawyers in Town and Country, MO
Contact our experienced Town and Country, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Town and Country, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our job to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact our Town and Country, MO, truck crash lawyers today for more information. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered over $35 million for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Town and Country, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Town and Country, MO, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different reasons that lead to bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s essential to contact truck crash attorney in Town and Country, MO, ASAP if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks can weight more than 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, annually year, drowsy driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Our Town and Country truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of commercial truck wrecks. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, 29 percent of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Our Town and Country truck crash lawyers help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other types of large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is important to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Town and Country, MO, as soon as possible if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Town and Country
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a few tips to help Town and Country truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Town and Country, MO, truck crash lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Town and Country Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Town and Country, MO, victims with these claims and ensure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Town and Country, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Town and Country Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Town and Country truck wreck lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families get just reimbursement for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Truck accidents typically result in serious injuries or fatalities. It’s important to our firm to provide grade-A legal representation to Town and Country, MO, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact a real and experienced Town and Country, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.