Truck Crash Lawyers in Vienna, IL
Contact our experienced Vienna, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Vienna, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. You can contact our Vienna, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a free case review. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered over $35 million for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Vienna, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Vienna, IL, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different causes for bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s crucial to reach out to a truck crash attorney in Vienna, IL, ASAP if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight more than 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, annually year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Dixon’s Vienna truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of truck-related accidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, 29 percent of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Vienna truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional common large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s important to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer in Vienna, IL, today if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. View our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Vienna
Truck crashes are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a few tips to help Vienna truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Vienna, IL, truck crash lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Vienna Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to take a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are often in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers represent Vienna, IL, victims with these cases and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Vienna, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Vienna Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The Vienna truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families receive fair compensation for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Truck accidents often result in death or serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide grade-A legal counsel to Vienna, IL, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to an actual and qualified Vienna, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.