Truck Crash Lawyers in Villa Ridge, MO
Contact our experienced Villa Ridge, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Villa Ridge, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact our Villa Ridge, MO, truck crash lawyers now for a consultation and free case review. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Villa Ridge, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Villa Ridge, MO, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different causes for semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is crucial to get in touch with truck crash lawyer in Villa Ridge, MO, immediately if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight over 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which may lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, in a single year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Our Villa Ridge truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of truck-related wrecks. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, one-third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Villa Ridge truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other types of large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is critical to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Villa Ridge, MO, today if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Villa Ridge
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Villa Ridge, MO, truck crash attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Villa Ridge Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to take a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who often are in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Villa Ridge, MO, victims with these types of claims and make sure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Villa Ridge, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Villa Ridge Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The Villa Ridge truck crash attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families get just damages for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents often result in death or serious injury. We provide experienced legal counsel to Villa Ridge, MO, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a real and experienced Villa Ridge, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.