Truck Crash Lawyers in Waltonville, IL
Contact our experienced Waltonville, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Waltonville, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help these victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Please contact Dixon’s Waltonville, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Waltonville, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Waltonville, IL, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different causes for bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is essential to get in touch with truck crash lawyer in Waltonville, IL, as soon as possible if you or a family member were involved in a truck accident. Below are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight over 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, in one year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Dixon’s Waltonville truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of truck-related accidents and collisions. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, one-third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol may lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Our Waltonville truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional types of large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s essential to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer in Waltonville, IL, now if you’ve been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Waltonville
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a few tips to help Waltonville truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Waltonville, IL, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Waltonville Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are likely in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Waltonville, IL, victims with these types of claims and make sure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Waltonville, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Waltonville Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The Waltonville truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families get fair compensation for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents often result in serious injuries or fatalities. We provide top-notch legal representation to Waltonville, IL, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to a real and qualified Waltonville, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.