Truck Crash Lawyers in Wardsville, MO
Contact our experienced Wardsville, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Wardsville, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our job to help these victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Please contact our Wardsville, MO, truck crash lawyers now for a consultation and free case review. Dixon also specializes in personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Wardsville, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Wardsville, MO, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different causes for bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is important to get in touch with truck crash lawyer in Wardsville, MO, as soon as possible if you’ve been injured or involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks can weight over 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, in one year, drowsy or fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Dixon’s Wardsville truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of commercial truck wrecks. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, one-third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Wardsville truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional types of large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is critical to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Wardsville, MO, now if you or a family member have been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Wardsville
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a few tips to help Wardsville truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Wardsville, MO, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Wardsville Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who often are in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Wardsville, MO, victims with these types of claims and make sure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Wardsville, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Wardsville Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Wardsville truck wreck attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families receive fair reimbursement for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents usually result in serious injuries or fatalities. We provide top-notch legal representation to Wardsville, MO, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a real and experienced Wardsville, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.