Truck Crash Lawyers in Warren County, MO
Contact our experienced Warren County, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Warren County, MO. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Warren County, MO, truck crash lawyers now for more information. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered over $50 million for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Warren County, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Warren County, MO, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different reasons that lead to bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is important to contact truck crash attorney in Warren County, MO, as soon as possible if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight over 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, annually year, drowsy or fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Our Warren County truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of truck-related accidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, 29 percent of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Warren County truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional common large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s important to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Warren County, MO, today if you or a family member have been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Warren County
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a few tips to help Warren County truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Warren County, MO, truck crash attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Warren County Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who often are in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers help Warren County, MO, victims with these claims and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Warren County, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Warren County Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Warren County truck accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families receive just compensation for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents usually result in death or serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide top-notch legal representation to Warren County, MO, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to contact a real and qualified Warren County, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.