Truck Crash Lawyers in Washington County, MO
Contact our experienced Washington County, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Washington County, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact our Washington County, MO, truck crash lawyers now for a free case review. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered over $50 million for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Washington County, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of a commercial truck is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Washington County, MO, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different events that can cause semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is essential to reach out to a truck crash attorney in Washington County, MO, ASAP if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight more than 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in one year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Washington County truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck accidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs may lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Washington County truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other types of commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is essential to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer in Washington County, MO, today if you or a family member have been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. View our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Washington County
Truck crashes are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Washington County, MO, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you can get reimbursed.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Washington County Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are likely in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help Washington County, MO, victims with these types of cases and ensure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Washington County, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Washington County Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The Washington County truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families receive just reimbursement for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Truck accidents typically result in death or serious injury. We provide experienced legal counsel to Washington County, MO, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact a real and qualified Washington County, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.