Truck Crash Lawyers in Washington, MO
Contact our experienced Washington, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Washington, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our job to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Washington, MO, truck crash lawyers now for more information. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in general personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered more than $50 million for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Washington, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Washington, MO, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different reasons that lead to semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s crucial to reach out to a truck crash attorney in Washington, MO, immediately if you’ve been injured or involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight over 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, in one year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Dixon’s Washington truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of commercial truck incidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, almost a third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Washington truck crash lawyers help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional common large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is essential to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Washington, MO, today if you or a family member have been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. View our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Washington
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a few tips to help Washington truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Washington, MO, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Washington Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who often are in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help Washington, MO, victims with these types of cases and make sure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Washington, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Washington Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The Washington truck crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families receive fair reimbursement for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Truck accidents usually result in death or serious injury. It’s important to our firm to provide top-notch legal representation to Washington, MO, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact a real and experienced Washington, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.