Truck Crash Lawyers in Webster Groves, MO
Contact our experienced Webster Groves, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Webster Groves, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact Dixon’s Webster Groves, MO, truck crash lawyers now for a free case review. Dixon also specializes in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Webster Groves, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Webster Groves, MO, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different causes for bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s essential to reach out to a truck crash attorney in Webster Groves, MO, immediately if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight over 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, in a single year, drowsy or fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Webster Groves truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of truck-related accidents and collisions. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Webster Groves truck crash lawyers help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other types of large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s essential to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer in Webster Groves, MO, as soon as possible if you or a family member have been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Webster Groves
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Webster Groves, MO, truck crash lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Webster Groves Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are often in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers represent Webster Groves, MO, victims with these cases and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Webster Groves, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Webster Groves Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The Webster Groves truck crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families receive just compensation for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents often result in serious injuries and death. It’s important to our firm to provide grade-A legal counsel to Webster Groves, MO, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to an actual and experienced Webster Groves, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.