Truck Crash Lawyers in Weldon Spring, MO
Contact our experienced Weldon Spring, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Weldon Spring, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our job to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Please contact our Weldon Spring, MO, truck crash lawyers now for a free case review. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $35 million for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Weldon Spring, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of a commercial truck is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Weldon Spring, MO, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different reasons that lead to semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s essential to reach out to a truck crash attorney in Weldon Spring, MO, as soon as possible if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight over 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which may lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in a single year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Dixon’s Weldon Spring truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of truck-related accidents and collisions. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, almost a third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Weldon Spring truck crash lawyers help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other common large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s essential to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Weldon Spring, MO, as soon as possible if you or a family member have been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Weldon Spring
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Weldon Spring, MO, truck crash lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Weldon Spring Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who often are in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Weldon Spring, MO, victims with these claims and ensure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Weldon Spring, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Weldon Spring Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on our effective legal counsel. The Weldon Spring truck accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families receive fair damages for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Truck accidents usually result in serious injuries and death. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide top-notch legal representation to Weldon Spring, MO, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to a real and experienced Weldon Spring, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.