Truck Crash Lawyers in Wellsville, MO
Contact our experienced Wellsville, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Wellsville, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. You can contact Dixon’s Wellsville, MO, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. Dixon also specializes in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Wellsville, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Wellsville, MO, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different reasons that lead to bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is crucial to get in touch with truck crash lawyer in Wellsville, MO, as soon as possible if you’re involved in a truck accident. Below are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight more than 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in a single year, drowsy driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Wellsville truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of truck-related accidents and collisions. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Wellsville truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other common large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is essential to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Wellsville, MO, today if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Wellsville
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Wellsville, MO, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Wellsville Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who often are in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help Wellsville, MO, victims with these types of claims and ensure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Wellsville, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Wellsville Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The Wellsville truck crash attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families receive just compensation for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Truck accidents typically result in serious injuries or fatalities. We provide experienced legal representation to Wellsville, MO, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to a real and experienced Wellsville, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.