Truck Crash Lawyers in West Frankfort, IL
Contact our experienced West Frankfort, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in West Frankfort, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our job to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact our West Frankfort, IL, truck crash lawyers now for a free case review. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered more than $50 million for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help West Frankfort, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of a commercial truck is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in West Frankfort, IL, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different reasons that lead to bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s important to reach out to a truck crash attorney in West Frankfort, IL, immediately if you’re involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight more than 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, annually year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our West Frankfort truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of truck-related accidents and collisions. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol may lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s West Frankfort truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other common commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is important to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer in West Frankfort, IL, today if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. View our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in West Frankfort
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a few tips to help West Frankfort truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our West Frankfort, IL, truck crash lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your West Frankfort Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers represent West Frankfort, IL, victims with these cases and ensure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our West Frankfort, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our West Frankfort Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The West Frankfort truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families receive fair reimbursement for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents typically result in serious injuries or fatalities. It’s important to our firm to provide top-notch legal counsel to West Frankfort, IL, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a real and qualified West Frankfort, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.