Truck Crash Lawyers in Wildwood, MO
Contact our experienced Wildwood, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Wildwood, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. You can contact Dixon’s Wildwood, MO, truck crash lawyers today for a free case review. Dixon also specializes in personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered over $50 million for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Wildwood, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Wildwood, MO, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different events that can cause bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is essential to get in touch with truck crash attorney in Wildwood, MO, ASAP if you’ve been injured or involved in a truck accident. Below are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight more than 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in one year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Wildwood truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of truck-related wrecks. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, 29 percent of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Wildwood truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional types of commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s essential to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Wildwood, MO, today if you or a family member have been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Wildwood
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Wildwood, MO, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you can get reimbursed.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Wildwood Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are likely in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Wildwood, MO, victims with these types of cases and ensure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Wildwood, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Wildwood Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The Wildwood truck crash attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families receive just reimbursement for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Truck accidents typically result in serious injuries and death. It’s important to our firm to provide top-notch legal representation to Wildwood, MO, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a real and qualified Wildwood, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.