Truck Crash Lawyers in Wood River, IL
Contact our experienced Wood River, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Wood River, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. You can contact Dixon’s Wood River, IL, truck crash lawyers now for a free case review. We also specialize in personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Wood River, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Wood River, IL, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different causes for bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s essential to get in touch with truck crash attorney in Wood River, IL, immediately if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight over 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in one year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Our Wood River truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck accidents and collisions. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, almost a third of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs may lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Wood River truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional types of large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s important to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer in Wood River, IL, today if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Wood River
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Wood River, IL, truck crash lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you can get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Wood River Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers represent Wood River, IL, victims with these cases and make sure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Wood River, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Wood River Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The Wood River truck wreck attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families receive fair and just damages for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents typically result in serious injuries and death. It’s important to our firm to provide top-notch legal representation to Wood River, IL, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to an actual and experienced Wood River, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.