Truck Crash Lawyers in Xenia, IL
Contact our experienced Xenia, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Xenia, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact Dixon’s Xenia, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. Dixon also specializes in general personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Xenia, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of a commercial truck is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Xenia, IL, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different reasons that lead to semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s crucial to get in touch with truck crash attorney in Xenia, IL, ASAP if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight over 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which may lead to accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, in one year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Our Xenia truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of commercial truck wrecks. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, 29 percent of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Xenia truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other common large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is essential to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Xenia, IL, today if you’ve been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Xenia
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Xenia, IL, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Xenia Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are often in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers represent Xenia, IL, victims with these types of cases and ensure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Xenia, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Xenia Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The Xenia truck crash attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families receive fair and just reimbursement for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents typically result in serious injuries or fatalities. We provide top-notch legal representation to Xenia, IL, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to an actual and experienced Xenia, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.