Workers Compensation Attorneys in Arnold, MO
Call the Arnold, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Arnold, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families get compensation after an accident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases involving on-site and work-related accidents. These may include wage and hour violations, slips and falls, knee and leg injuries, back injuries, and safety failures. It is our goal to support injured workers and help them receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Please contact us now if you have any questions about our Arnold, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Arnold workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering compensation after a workplace accident. Being injured on the job may lead to complications such as medical bills, unpaid wages, and thousands of dollars in fees. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you’re injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability covers two-thirds of your average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers who were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end when a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, you have one month to inform an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a two-year time limit to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s important to contact Arnold workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you’re injured to receive maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Benefits you may claim include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member is killed on the job, survivors can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 also mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For instance, if you are injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can get a new job within their abilities.
- The big difference between Arnold workers compensation claims and personal injury claims is that injured workers can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between employees and their employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in turn you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It is our job at Dixon to help you get through the claims process and make sure that you get the most compensation you can. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We know how difficult it can be to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you’re injured at work. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in Arnold, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
What Arnold Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Arnold workers comp attorneys right away, there are a few steps workers can take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there is a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to a physician as soon as possible and get treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Submit An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees who were injured on the job to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report can prevent future injuries. Be sure to report the injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things you can do is to document everything. This includes expenses like medical bills, childcare, lost wages, medical bills, and any physical limitations. All of this information can help you justify your Arnold workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Workers Compensation Attorney: We’re serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace accident.
How do you file a claim? Which doctor do I go to? What if I’m at fault? These are important questions that your Arnold, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of different ways you can be injured at work. Areas that Dixon specializes in includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to physical problems like not being able to bend your shoulder or flex, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Arnold workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured employees and their families get the compensation they deserve. Please contact us now for a free case review.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Arnold
There are different benefits workers can receive if they’re injured on the job. You may get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member because of a workplace accident like exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve gotten over the course of their life. In Arnold, MO, you’ll get two-thirds of your weekly wages if you can’t work after an accident.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to medical and disability benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Arnold as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help hurt workers with complex claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a bodily injury, a slip or fall, overexertion, being struct by an object, a highway accident, or workplace violence.
Call Your Arnold Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Arnold workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers compensation cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Arnold after an accident. The good news is you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Arnold, MO, fight to win.