Workers Compensation Attorneys in Ballwin, MO
Call the Ballwin, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Ballwin, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families get reimbursement after an incident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases regarding work-related and on-site incidents. These may include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It’s our goal to support injured workers and help them receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Go ahead and contact us now if you have any questions about our Ballwin, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Ballwin workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering compensation after any workplace incident. Being hurt at work may lead to unpaid bills, thousands of dollars in medical fees, and other complications. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you are hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability will cover two-thirds of an injured worker’s average gross wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees that were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end when a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, workers have 30 days to inform an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a 2-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is important to contact Ballwin workers compensation attorneys immediately if you’re injured to receive maximum compensation and legal advice.
- Some benefits you can receive include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member is killed on the job, survivors can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 also mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you are injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so injured employees can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- A big difference between Ballwin workers comp claims and personal injury claims is that injured employees are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between employees and their employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in turn you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It’s our goal at Dixon to help you navigate the claims process and ensure that you get the maximum compensation possible. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to file a lawsuit. We understand how stressful it is to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you are injured at work. Feel free to reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Ballwin, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
What Ballwin Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Ballwin workers comp attorneys right away, there are a few steps workers should take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there’s a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to a physician as soon as possible and receive treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that are hurt at work to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report may prevent future injuries. Be sure to report the injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing to do is to document everything. This includes medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. This information can help you justify your Ballwin workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Work-Comp Attorney: We are serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household suffers greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace injury.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are crucial questions that your Ballwin, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of ways you can be hurt at work. Areas that Dixon focuses on includes:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to serious health problems like not being able to bend your shoulder or flex, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The Ballwin workers compensation lawyers at Dixon are here to help injured employees and their families get the compensation they deserve. Please contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Ballwin
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they are hurt on the job. You can get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member due to a workplace accident such as a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would have gotten over the course of their career. In Ballwin, MO, you’ll be entitled to two-thirds of your average weekly salary if you can’t work after an injury.
Missouri workers are entitled to disability and medical benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Ballwin as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help hurt workers with complex claims and get compensation. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Contact Your Ballwin Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Ballwin workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a number of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers comp cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Ballwin as soon as possible. The good news is you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Ballwin, MO, fight to win.