Workers Compensation Attorneys in Barnhart, MO
Call the Barnhart, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Barnhart, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families get reimbursement after an accident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases regarding on-site and work-related accidents. These include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It is our goal to support injured workers and help them get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Please contact us today to learn more about our Barnhart, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Barnhart workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering damages after any workplace incident. Getting hurt at work can lead to complications such as medical bills, unpaid wages, and thousands of dollars in fees. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims:
- If you’re injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability covers two-thirds of your average gross wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers that were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end when a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, you have 30 days to tell an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a two-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s essential to get in touch with Barnhart workers compensation attorneys immediately if you’re injured to receive maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Some benefits you may receive include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member dies on the job, families are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 also mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you’re injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- The big difference between Barnhart workers compensation claims and personal injury claims is that workers can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between workers and employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in turn you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It’s our goal at Dixon to help you get through the claims process and ensure that you get the most compensation possible. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We know how stressful it can be to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured at work. Reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Barnhart, MO, today for a free case review and consultation.
What Barnhart Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Barnhart workers comp lawyers right away, there are a few steps workers can take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there’s a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to your physician as quickly as possible and get treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- File An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers who are hurt on the job to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report may prevent future injuries. Be sure to report your injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things you can do is to document everything. This includes medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. All of this information can help you make your Barnhart workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Compensation Lawyer: We are serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household suffers greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace injury.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are important questions that your Barnhart, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless ways you can be hurt at work. Areas that Dixon specializes in includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to serious health problems like being unable to bend your shoulder or flex, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The Barnhart workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are here to help injured employees and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. Please contact us now for a free case evaluation.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Barnhart
There are several benefits workers can receive if they are injured at work. You can receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died due to a workplace accident like a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would have received over the course of their life. In Barnhart, MO, you will receive two-thirds of your average weekly salary while you can’t work after an accident.
Missouri workers are entitled to both medical and disability benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Barnhart as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help injured workers with complex claims and get reimbursement. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a bodily injury, a slip or fall, overexertion, being struct by an object, a highway accident, or workplace violence.
Contact Your Barnhart Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Barnhart workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a number of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers comp claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Barnhart directly after an accident. The good news is you can contact Chris Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Barnhart, MO, fight to win.