Workers Compensation Attorneys in Blackjack, MO
Contact the Blackjack, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Blackjack, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families get reimbursement after an incident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases involving work-related and on-site accidents. These may include wage and hour violations, slips and falls, knee and leg injuries, back injuries, and safety failures. It is our job to support injured workers and help them and their families receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Please contact us today if you have any questions about our Blackjack, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Blackjack workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering compensation after any workplace incident. Being hurt on the job can lead to unpaid bills, thousands of dollars in medical fees, and other complications. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation cases:
- If you’re injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability covers 66 percent of your average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers that were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end once a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have one month to tell an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a two-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is important to contact Blackjack workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you’re injured to receive maximum compensation and legal help.
- Benefits you may receive include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member dies on the job, families are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 mentions loss of suitable and gainful employment. For example, if you’re injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can get a new job within their abilities.
- The major difference between Blackjack workers compensation claims and personal injury cases is that employees can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between employees and employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in turn you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It is our job at Dixon to help you navigate the claims process and ensure that you get the most compensation you can. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to file a lawsuit. We know how stressful it is to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you’re injured at work. Reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Blackjack, MO, now for a free consultation and case review.
What Blackjack Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Blackjack workers comp lawyers straight away, there are a few steps workers should take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there is a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to a physician as quickly as possible to receive treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers who were injured on the job to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report may prevent future injuries. Always report your injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing you can do is to document everything. This includes medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. This information can help you win your Blackjack workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Workers Comp Attorney: We’re serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household may suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace injury.
How do you file a claim? Which doctor do I go to? What if I’m at fault? These are crucial questions that your Blackjack, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless different ways you can be injured on the job. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm specializes in includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to physical problems like being unable to bend a knee or shoulder, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Blackjack workers compensation attorneys at Dixon can help injured workers and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. Please reach out to us now for a free case assessment.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Blackjack
There are different benefits workers can receive if they are injured on the job. You can get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died due to a workplace accident such as a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would have received over the course of their employment. In Blackjack, MO, you will get two-thirds of your weekly wages while you can’t work after an accident.
Missouri workers are entitled to disability and medical benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Blackjack as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help injured workers with complicated claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or even workplace violence.
Contact Your Blackjack Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Blackjack workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a number of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers comp cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Blackjack after an accident. The best part is you can contact Chris Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Blackjack, MO, fight to win.