Workers Compensation Attorneys in Bloomsdale, MO
Call the Bloomsdale, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Bloomsdale, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured workers and their families receive compensation after an incident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases regarding work-related and on-site incidents. These include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It’s our job to support injured workers and help them receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Go ahead and contact us now if you have any questions about our Bloomsdale, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Bloomsdale workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering compensation after any workplace accident. Getting injured on the job may lead to unpaid bills, thousands of dollars in medical fees, and other complications. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation cases:
- If you are injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability will cover two-thirds of your average gross wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers that were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end once a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, workers have one month to tell an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a two-year statute of limitations to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s essential to get in touch with Bloomsdale workers compensation attorneys immediately if you are injured to get maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Benefits you can claim include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member dies on the job, survivors can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 brings up loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you’re injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so injured employees can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- The major difference between Bloomsdale workers comp claims and personal injury claims is that employees can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between employees and employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in return you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It is our job at Dixon to help you navigate the claims process and make sure that you get the maximum compensation you can. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to file a lawsuit. We understand how stressful it is to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured on the job. Feel free to reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Bloomsdale, MO, now for a free case review and consultation.
What Bloomsdale Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Bloomsdale workers comp lawyers straight away, there are a few steps workers can take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there is a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to your physician as quickly as possible to get treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers who are injured at work to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report can prevent future accidents. Always report the injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing to do is to document everything. This may include medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. All of this information can help you win your Bloomsdale workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Work-Comp Attorney: We are serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household suffers greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace accident.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are important questions that your Bloomsdale, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless different ways you can be injured at work. Areas that Dixon specializes in includes:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to serious health problems like being unable to bend a knee or shoulder, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that may impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The Bloomsdale workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm can help injured workers and their families get the compensation they deserve. Please reach out to us now for a free case review.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Bloomsdale
There are several benefits workers can receive if they’re injured on the job. You may get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died because of a workplace accident like a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would have received over the course of their life. In Bloomsdale, MO, you will be entitled to two-thirds of your average weekly salary while you can’t work after an accident.
Missouri workers are entitled to both disability and medical benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Bloomsdale as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help hurt workers with complex claims and get reimbursement. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or even workplace violence.
Call Your Bloomsdale Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Bloomsdale workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers comp cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Bloomsdale as soon as possible. The good news is you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Bloomsdale, MO, fight to win.