Workers Compensation Attorneys in Bonne Terre, MO
Contact the Bonne Terre, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Bonne Terre, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured workers and their families get reimbursement after an accident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases regarding work-related and on-site accidents. These include slips and falls, back injuries, safety failures, and even wage and hour violations. It’s our goal to support injured workers and help them and their families get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Go ahead and contact us today if you have any questions about our Bonne Terre, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Bonne Terre workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering compensation after a workplace incident. Being hurt on the job may lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you’re injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability covers two-thirds of an injured worker’s average weekly salary for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers that were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end once a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, you have 30 days to tell an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a two-year time limit to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s essential to contact Bonne Terre workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you’re injured to get maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Some benefits you may claim include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member is killed on the job, families are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 also mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For instance, if you’re injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so injured employees can get a new job within their abilities.
- The big difference between Bonne Terre workers comp claims and personal injury cases is that employees are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are more-or-less a trade-off between employees and their employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in turn you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It’s our goal at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and ensure you get the most compensation possible. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We understand how difficult it can be to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you’re injured on the job. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in Bonne Terre, MO, today for a free case review and consultation.
What Bonne Terre Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Bonne Terre workers comp attorneys straight away, there are a few steps you can take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there is a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to a physician as soon as possible and receive treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers who are injured on the job to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report can prevent future accidents. Always report the injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing you can do is to document everything. This may include medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. All of this information can help you make your Bonne Terre workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Workers Comp Attorney: We’re serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace injury.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are important questions that your Bonne Terre, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless different ways you can be hurt on the job. Areas that Dixon focuses on includes:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to serious health problems like being unable to bend your shoulder or flex, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The Bonne Terre workers compensation attorneys at Dixon can help injured employees and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. You can contact us now for a free case evaluation.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Bonne Terre
There are different benefits workers can receive if they’re injured at work. You can get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died because of a workplace accident like exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve received over the course of their life. In Bonne Terre, MO, you will receive two-thirds of your average weekly salary while you can’t work after an injury.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to both medical and disability benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Bonne Terre as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help injured workers with complicated claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Call Your Bonne Terre Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Bonne Terre workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a number of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers comp claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Bonne Terre directly after an accident. The good news is you can contact Chris Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Bonne Terre, MO, fight to win.