Workers Compensation Attorneys in Boonville, MO
Call the Boonville, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Boonville, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families get reimbursement after an incident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases regarding on-site and work-related incidents. These may include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It is our goal to support injured workers and help them receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Feel free to contact us today if you have any questions about our Boonville, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Boonville workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering damages after any workplace incident. Being hurt at work may lead to unpaid bills, thousands of dollars in medical fees, and other complications. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims:
- If you are hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability will cover 66 percent of an injured worker’s average weekly salary for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees that were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end when a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, you have 30 days to tell an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a two-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is important to contact Boonville workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you are injured to get maximum compensation and legal advice.
- Benefits you can claim include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member dies on the job, survivors can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 also mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For instance, if you’re injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can get a new job within their abilities.
- The big difference between Boonville workers compensation claims and personal injury cases is that workers are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between employees and employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in turn you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It’s our goal at Dixon to help you get through the claims process and make sure that you get the maximum compensation you can. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to file a lawsuit. We know how difficult it is to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured at work. Reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Boonville, MO, now for a free case review and consultation.
What Boonville Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Boonville workers comp attorneys right away, there are a few steps workers should take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there’s a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to a physician as soon as possible and receive treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- File An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers who were injured on the job to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report can prevent future injuries. Be sure to report your injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things you can do is to document everything. This includes physical limitations due to an injury, medical bills, lost wages, childcare, transportation costs, and other expenses. All of this information can help you justify your Boonville workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Workers Comp Attorney: We’re serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household may suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace injury.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are important questions that your Boonville, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of ways you can be injured on the job. Areas that Dixon specializes in includes:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to physical problems like not being able to bend a knee or shoulder, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Boonville workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are here to help injured workers and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. You can contact us now for a free case review.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Boonville
There are several benefits workers can receive if they are hurt at work. You can get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died due to a workplace accident like exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve gotten over the course of their life. In Boonville, MO, you will receive two-thirds of your weekly wages if you can’t work after an accident.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to disability and medical benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Boonville as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help hurt workers with complicated claims and get compensation. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a bodily injury, a slip or fall, overexertion, being struct by an object, a highway accident, or workplace violence.
Contact Your Boonville Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Boonville workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a number of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers comp claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Boonville after an accident. The best part is you can contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Boonville, MO, fight to win.