Workers Compensation Attorneys in Bourbon, MO
Contact the Bourbon, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Bourbon, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families receive reimbursement after an accident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases involving on-site and work-related incidents. These include wage and hour violations, slips and falls, knee and leg injuries, back injuries, and safety failures. It’s our job to support injured workers and help them get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Please contact us today if you have any questions about our Bourbon, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Bourbon workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering damages after a workplace accident. Getting hurt on the job can lead to unpaid bills, thousands of dollars in medical fees, and other complications. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims:
- If you are injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability will cover 66 percent of an injured worker’s average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees who were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end when a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, workers have 30 days to tell an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a 2-year time limit to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is essential to get in touch with Bourbon workers compensation attorneys immediately if you are injured to get maximum compensation and legal help.
- Some benefits you may receive include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member dies on the job, survivors can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 brings up loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you’re injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so injured employees can get a new job within their abilities.
- A major difference between Bourbon workers compensation claims and personal injury cases is that employees are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between employees and their employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in return you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It’s our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you get through the claims process and ensure you get the maximum compensation possible. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to file a lawsuit. We understand how difficult it can be to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured at work. Reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Bourbon, MO, now for a free case review and consultation.
What Bourbon Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Bourbon workers comp attorneys straight away, there are a few steps workers should take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there’s a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to your physician as quickly as possible to get treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- File An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that were injured at work to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report can prevent future accidents. Be sure to report your injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing to do is to document everything. This may include physical limitations due to an injury, medical bills, lost wages, childcare, transportation costs, and other expenses. This information can help you justify your Bourbon workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Compensation Lawyer: We’re serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household may suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace accident.
What if I’m at fault for the accident? Whose doctor do I go to? How do I file a claim? These are important questions that your Bourbon, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless different ways you can be injured on the job. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm focuses on includes:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to physical problems like not being able to bend a knee or shoulder, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The Bourbon workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm can help injured workers and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. You can contact us now for a free case assessment.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Bourbon
There are several benefits workers can receive if they are injured on the job. You may receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member because of a workplace accident like a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would have gotten over the course of their employment. In Bourbon, MO, you will get two-thirds of your average weekly salary while you can’t work after an accident.
Missouri workers are entitled to both disability and medical benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Bourbon as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help injured workers with complicated claims and get compensation. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or even workplace violence.
Contact Your Bourbon Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Bourbon workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers comp claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Bourbon as quickly as possible. The best part is you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Bourbon, MO, fight to win.