Workers Compensation Attorneys in Brentwood, MO
Call the Brentwood, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Brentwood, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families receive compensation after an incident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases involving work-related and on-site incidents. These include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It is our goal to support injured workers and help them receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Please contact us today to learn more about our Brentwood, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Brentwood workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering damages after a workplace incident. Being hurt at work can lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation claims:
- If you are injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability covers 66 percent of an injured worker’s average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees who were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end when a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, you have 30 days to tell an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a 2-year time limit to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is essential to get in touch with Brentwood workers compensation attorneys immediately if you are injured to receive maximum compensation and legal advice.
- Some benefits you can claim include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member is killed on the job, survivors are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 also mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you’re injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can get a new job within their abilities.
- The major difference between Brentwood workers compensation claims and personal injury claims is that injured employees are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between workers and employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in turn you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It is our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and ensure that you get the most compensation you can. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to file a lawsuit. We know how difficult it can be to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured on the job. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in Brentwood, MO, now for a free consultation and case review.
What Brentwood Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Brentwood workers comp lawyers right away, there are a few steps workers can take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there’s a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to a physician as soon as possible and receive treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Submit An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that were hurt on the job to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report may prevent future accidents. Be sure to report your injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things to do is to document everything. This may include medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. This information can help you make your Brentwood workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Compensation Lawyer: We are serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household suffers greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace injury.
What if I’m at fault for the accident? Whose doctor do I go to? How do I file a claim? These are important questions that your Brentwood, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of different ways you can be injured at work. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm specializes in includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to serious health problems like not being able to bend a knee or shoulder, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that may impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Brentwood workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm can help injured workers and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. You can reach out to us now for a free case review.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Brentwood
There are several benefits workers can receive if they are injured on the job. You can get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member due to a workplace accident like a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would have received over the course of their career. In Brentwood, MO, you’ll get two-thirds of your average weekly salary while you can’t work after an accident.
Missouri workers are entitled to medical and disability benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Brentwood as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help hurt workers with complicated claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Call Your Brentwood Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Brentwood workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a number of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers compensation claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Brentwood as quickly as possible. The best part is you can contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Brentwood, MO, fight to win.