Workers Compensation Attorneys in Cedar Hill, MO
Call the Cedar Hill, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Cedar Hill, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families receive compensation after an incident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases regarding on-site and work-related incidents. These may include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It is our goal to support injured workers and help them get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Go ahead and contact us today if you have any questions about our Cedar Hill, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Cedar Hill workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering damages after any workplace incident. Being injured on the job may lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation cases:
- If you are hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability will cover 66 percent of an injured worker’s average gross wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers who were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end once a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, workers have one month to inform an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a 2-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is essential to reach out to Cedar Hill workers compensation attorneys immediately if you’re injured to receive maximum compensation and legal help.
- Some benefits you may claim include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member is killed on the job, families are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 also mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you are injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so injured employees can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- A major difference between Cedar Hill workers compensation claims and personal injury claims is that workers are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are more-or-less a trade-off between employees and their employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in turn you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It is our goal at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you get through the claims process and ensure you get the maximum compensation possible. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We know how stressful it can be to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you’re injured at work. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in Cedar Hill, MO, today for a free case review and consultation.
What Cedar Hill Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Cedar Hill workers comp attorneys straight away, there are a few steps you should take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there’s a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to a physician as quickly as possible and get treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- File An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers who were hurt on the job to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report may prevent future accidents. Be sure to report your injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing to do is to document everything. This includes expenses like medical bills, childcare, lost wages, medical bills, and any physical limitations. This information can help you justify your Cedar Hill workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Compensation Lawyer: We are serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household may suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace injury.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are important questions that your Cedar Hill, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of ways you can be hurt at work. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm focuses on includes:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to serious health problems like not being able to bend your shoulder or flex, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Cedar Hill workers compensation lawyers at Dixon can help injured workers and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. Feel free to contact us now for a free case review.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Cedar Hill
There are several benefits workers can receive if they’re hurt on the job. You can get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died because of a workplace accident like exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve gotten over the course of their life. In Cedar Hill, MO, you should receive two-thirds of your weekly wages while you can’t work after an injury.
Missouri workers are entitled to both medical and disability benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Cedar Hill as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help injured workers with complicated claims and get compensation. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Call Your Cedar Hill Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Cedar Hill workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a number of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers comp cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Cedar Hill after an accident. The best part is you can contact Chris Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Cedar Hill, MO, fight to win.