Workers Compensation Attorneys in Central West End, MO
Call the Central West End, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Central West End, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families receive compensation after an incident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases involving on-site and work-related incidents. These may include wage and hour violations, slips and falls, knee and leg injuries, back injuries, and safety failures. It is our job to support injured workers and help them get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Please contact us now to learn more about our Central West End, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Central West End workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering damages after any workplace incident. Getting hurt at work can lead to complications such as medical bills, unpaid wages, and thousands of dollars in fees. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you’re injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability covers 66 percent of an injured worker’s average gross wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers that were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end once a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, workers have one month to tell an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a two-year time limit to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is essential to reach out to Central West End workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you are injured to get maximum compensation and legal advice.
- Benefits you can claim include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member is killed on the job, families are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 also mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you are injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- The major difference between Central West End workers compensation claims and personal injury cases is that injured employees can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between employees and employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in turn you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It is our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and ensure you get the maximum compensation you can. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We know how difficult it can be to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured at work. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in Central West End, MO, now for a free case review and consultation.
What Central West End Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Central West End workers comp lawyers right away, there are a few steps you should take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there is a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to your physician as soon as possible and get treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees who were hurt on the job to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report can prevent future accidents. Always report the injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing to do is to document everything. This may include medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. All of this information can help you win your Central West End workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Comp Lawyer: We are serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are important questions that your Central West End, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless ways you can be hurt on the job. Areas that Dixon specializes in includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to serious health problems like being unable to bend a knee or shoulder, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that may impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Central West End workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm can help injured workers and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. Please reach out to us now for a free case evaluation.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Central West End
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they are injured on the job. You can get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died due to a workplace accident like exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would have gotten over the course of their career. In Central West End, MO, you will receive two-thirds of your average weekly salary while you can’t work after an injury.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to disability and medical benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Central West End as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help injured workers with complicated claims and get compensation. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Call Your Central West End Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Central West End workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a number of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers compensation claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Central West End as soon as possible. The good news is you can contact Chris Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Central West End, MO, fight to win.