Workers Compensation Attorneys in Centralia, MO
Contact the Centralia, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Centralia, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families receive reimbursement after an accident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases regarding on-site and work-related accidents. These may include wage and hour violations, slips and falls, knee and leg injuries, back injuries, and safety failures. It’s our job to support injured workers and help them and their families receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Feel free to contact us today if you have any questions about our Centralia, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Centralia workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering compensation after a workplace accident. Being hurt at work can lead to complications such as medical bills, unpaid wages, and thousands of dollars in fees. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you’re injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability covers 66 percent of your average gross wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees that were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end when a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, workers have one month to tell an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a 2-year statute of limitations to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s essential to get in touch with Centralia workers compensation attorneys immediately if you’re injured to get maximum compensation and legal advice.
- Benefits you can receive include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member dies on the job, families are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you are injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can get a new job within their abilities.
- A big difference between Centralia workers comp claims and personal injury claims is that injured employees are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between workers and employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in return you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It is our job at Dixon to help you get through the claims process and make sure that you get the maximum compensation possible. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We understand how difficult it can be to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured on the job. Reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Centralia, MO, now for a free case review and consultation.
What Centralia Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Centralia workers comp attorneys right away, there are a few steps workers should take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there is a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to a physician as quickly as possible and get treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers who are hurt on the job to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report can prevent future injuries. Always report your injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing you can do is to document everything. This may include medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. All of this information can help you win your Centralia workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Workers Compensation Attorney: We are serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are crucial questions that your Centralia, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless different ways you can be injured at work. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm focuses on includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to physical problems like being unable to bend a knee or shoulder, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The Centralia workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm can help injured employees and their families get the compensation they deserve. Please reach out to us now for a free case assessment.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Centralia
There are different benefits workers can receive if they’re hurt at work. You may receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died due to a workplace accident such as a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve received over the course of their employment. In Centralia, MO, you will be entitled to two-thirds of your average weekly salary while you can’t work after an injury.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to disability and medical benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Centralia as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help injured workers with complicated claims and get reimbursement. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or even workplace violence.
Contact Your Centralia Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Centralia workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers compensation claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Centralia after an accident. The best part is you can contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Centralia, MO, fight to win.