Workers Compensation Attorneys in Chamois, MO
Contact the Chamois, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Chamois, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families get compensation after an accident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases involving work-related and on-site accidents. These may include slips and falls, back injuries, safety failures, and even wage and hour violations. It is our job to support injured workers and help them get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Go ahead and contact us today if you have any questions about our Chamois, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Chamois workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering damages after a workplace accident. Being injured on the job can lead to unpaid bills, thousands of dollars in medical fees, and other complications. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you’re injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability will cover two-thirds of an injured worker’s average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers who were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end when a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have 30 days to tell an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a two-year statute of limitations to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is essential to contact Chamois workers compensation attorneys immediately if you’re injured to get maximum compensation and legal advice.
- Some benefits you can claim include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member dies on the job, families can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you are injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so injured employees can get a new job within their abilities.
- The big difference between Chamois workers compensation claims and personal injury cases is that workers can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are more-or-less a trade-off between workers and their employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in turn you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It’s our goal at Dixon to help you get through the claims process and ensure you get the most compensation you can. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We understand how stressful it can be to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured at work. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in Chamois, MO, now for a free consultation and case review.
What Chamois Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Chamois workers comp attorneys straight away, there are a few steps workers should take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there is a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to a physician as quickly as possible and get treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Submit An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees that were injured on the job to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report may prevent future accidents. Be sure to report the injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing you can do is to document everything. This includes medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. This information can help you justify your Chamois workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Workers Compensation Lawyer: We’re serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household suffers greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace injury.
How do you file a claim? Which doctor do I go to? What if I’m at fault? These are important questions that your Chamois, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless ways you can be hurt on the job. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm focuses on includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to physical problems like not being able to bend a knee or shoulder, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The Chamois workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are here to help injured employees and their families get the compensation they deserve. Feel free to reach out to us today for a free case assessment.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Chamois
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they’re hurt on the job. You may get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died due to a workplace accident like a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve received over the course of their life. In Chamois, MO, you’ll receive two-thirds of your weekly wages if you can’t work after an accident.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to both disability and medical benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Chamois as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help injured workers with complex claims and get reimbursement. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a bodily injury, a slip or fall, overexertion, being struct by an object, a highway accident, or workplace violence.
Contact Your Chamois Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Chamois workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a number of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers comp claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Chamois as quickly as possible. The good news is you can contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Chamois, MO, fight to win.