Workers Compensation Attorneys in Chesterfield, MO
Contact the Chesterfield, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Chesterfield, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families get reimbursement after an incident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases regarding work-related and on-site incidents. These include wage and hour violations, slips and falls, knee and leg injuries, back injuries, and safety failures. It is our goal to support injured workers and help them and their families receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Go ahead and contact us today to learn more about our Chesterfield, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Chesterfield workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering compensation after any workplace incident. Getting injured on the job may lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation claims:
- If you’re hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability covers 66 percent of an injured worker’s average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers that were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end when a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have 30 days to inform an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a two-year time limit to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s essential to reach out to Chesterfield workers compensation attorneys immediately if you are injured to receive maximum compensation and legal help.
- Benefits you can receive include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member dies on the job, families are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you’re injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so injured employees can get a new job within their abilities.
- The major difference between Chesterfield workers comp claims and personal injury cases is that injured workers are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are more-or-less a trade-off between employees and employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in turn you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It’s our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and ensure that you get the maximum compensation possible. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to file a lawsuit. We know how stressful it can be to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you are injured on the job. Feel free to reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Chesterfield, MO, now for a free case review and consultation.
What Chesterfield Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Chesterfield workers comp attorneys right away, there are a few steps you can take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there’s a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to a physician as quickly as possible to get treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that are injured at work to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report can prevent future accidents. Be sure to report the injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things you can do is to document everything. This includes expenses like medical bills, childcare, lost wages, medical bills, and any physical limitations. This information can help you make your Chesterfield workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Compensation Attorney: We’re serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
What if I’m at fault for the accident? Whose doctor do I go to? How do I file a claim? These are important questions that your Chesterfield, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of different ways you can be hurt on the job. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm specializes in includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to physical problems like being unable to bend your shoulder or flex, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that may impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Chesterfield workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm can help injured workers and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. Feel free to reach out to us now for a free case evaluation.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Chesterfield
There are several benefits workers can receive if they’re hurt at work. You may get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member due to a workplace accident like exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve gotten over the course of their employment. In Chesterfield, MO, you’ll get two-thirds of your average weekly salary while you can’t work after an injury.
Missouri workers are entitled to both medical and disability benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Chesterfield as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help injured workers with complex claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a bodily injury, a slip or fall, overexertion, being struct by an object, a highway accident, or workplace violence.
Call Your Chesterfield Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Chesterfield workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers compensation cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Chesterfield after an accident. The best part is you can contact Chris Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Chesterfield, MO, fight to win.