Workers Compensation Attorneys in Clayton, MO
Call the Clayton, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Clayton, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families receive reimbursement after an incident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases regarding work-related and on-site accidents. These may include slips and falls, back injuries, safety failures, and even wage and hour violations. It is our job to support injured workers and help them receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Feel free to contact us now to learn more about our Clayton, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Clayton workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering damages after a workplace incident. Getting injured at work may lead to unpaid bills, thousands of dollars in medical fees, and other complications. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you’re injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability covers 66 percent of your average weekly salary for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees who were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end when a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have one month to tell an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a 2-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s important to contact Clayton workers compensation attorneys immediately if you’re injured to receive maximum compensation and legal help.
- Benefits you can receive include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member is killed on the job, survivors can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 mentions loss of suitable and gainful employment. For example, if you’re injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can get a new job within their abilities.
- The big difference between Clayton workers compensation claims and personal injury claims is that employees can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are more-or-less a trade-off between employees and their employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in turn you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It’s our goal at Dixon to help you navigate the claims process and ensure you get the maximum compensation you can. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We understand how difficult it is to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you’re injured at work. Feel free to reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Clayton, MO, now for a free case review and consultation.
What Clayton Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Clayton workers comp attorneys right away, there are a few steps workers can take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there is a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to your physician as quickly as possible and get treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that are hurt on the job to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report can prevent future accidents. Be sure to report the injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things to do is to document everything. This includes expenses like medical bills, childcare, lost wages, medical bills, and any physical limitations. This information can help you make your Clayton workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Comp Lawyer: We’re serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household may suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
What if I’m at fault for the accident? Whose doctor do I go to? How do I file a claim? These are crucial questions that your Clayton, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of ways you can be hurt on the job. Areas that Dixon focuses on includes:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to physical problems like not being able to bend your shoulder or flex, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Clayton workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured employees and their families get the compensation they deserve. You can contact us now for a free case evaluation.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Clayton
There are different benefits workers can receive if they are hurt at work. You may get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member due to a workplace accident such as a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve received over the course of their life. In Clayton, MO, you will get two-thirds of your average weekly salary if you can’t work after an injury.
Missouri workers are entitled to both medical and disability benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Clayton as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help hurt workers with complex claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a bodily injury, a slip or fall, overexertion, being struct by an object, a highway accident, or workplace violence.
Call Your Clayton Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Clayton workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a number of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers comp claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Clayton after an accident. The best part is you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Clayton, MO, fight to win.