Workers Compensation Attorneys in Cottleville, MO
Call the Cottleville, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Cottleville, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families get compensation after an accident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases regarding on-site and work-related accidents. These may include wage and hour violations, slips and falls, knee and leg injuries, back injuries, and safety failures. It’s our goal to support injured workers and help them and their families get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Please contact us now to learn more about our Cottleville, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Cottleville workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering compensation after any workplace incident. Being hurt at work may lead to complications such as medical bills, unpaid wages, and thousands of dollars in fees. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims:
- If you are injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability covers 66 percent of your average gross wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers who were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end when a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have one month to tell an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a two-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s essential to get in touch with Cottleville workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you’re injured to receive maximum compensation and legal help.
- Benefits you can receive include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member is killed on the job, families are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 brings up loss of suitable and gainful employment. For instance, if you are injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so injured employees can get a new job within their abilities.
- The major difference between Cottleville workers compensation claims and personal injury cases is that workers are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between workers and their employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in return you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It’s our job at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you get through the claims process and ensure you get the most compensation possible. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to file a lawsuit. We understand how difficult it is to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you are injured on the job. Feel free to reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Cottleville, MO, now for a free consultation and case review.
What Cottleville Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Cottleville workers comp lawyers straight away, there are a few steps workers should take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there’s a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to your physician as quickly as possible to receive treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees who were hurt on the job to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report can prevent future accidents. Be sure to report the injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing you can do is to document everything. This includes physical limitations due to an injury, medical bills, lost wages, childcare, transportation costs, and other expenses. All of this information can help you win your Cottleville workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Workers Compensation Attorney: We’re serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
How do you file a claim? Which doctor do I go to? What if I’m at fault? These are crucial questions that your Cottleville, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of ways you can be injured at work. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm specializes in includes:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to serious health problems like being unable to bend a knee or shoulder, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that may impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Cottleville workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm can help injured employees and their families get the compensation they deserve. You can contact us now for a free case assessment.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Cottleville
There are several benefits workers can receive if they are hurt at work. You can receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member due to a workplace accident like exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would have gotten over the course of their career. In Cottleville, MO, you will get two-thirds of your weekly wages while you can’t work after an injury.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to medical and disability benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Cottleville as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help hurt workers with complex claims and get compensation. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a bodily injury, a slip or fall, overexertion, being struct by an object, a highway accident, or workplace violence.
Call Your Cottleville Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Cottleville workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers compensation cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Cottleville directly after an accident. The good news is you can contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Cottleville, MO, fight to win.