Workers Compensation Attorneys in Crestwood, MO
Call the Crestwood, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Crestwood, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families receive reimbursement after an accident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases regarding work-related and on-site accidents. These may include wage and hour violations, slips and falls, knee and leg injuries, back injuries, and safety failures. It is our job to support injured workers and help them and their families receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Go ahead and contact us today to learn more about our Crestwood, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Crestwood workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering damages after any workplace accident. Getting injured at work can lead to unpaid bills, thousands of dollars in medical fees, and other complications. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you are injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability will cover 66 percent of an injured worker’s average weekly salary for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees that were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end once a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, workers have 30 days to inform an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a 2-year statute of limitations to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is essential to reach out to Crestwood workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you’re injured to get maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Benefits you can claim include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member is killed on the job, survivors can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 also mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you’re injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so injured employees can get a new job within their abilities.
- A major difference between Crestwood workers compensation claims and personal injury cases is that injured workers can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between employees and their employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in return you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It is our job at Dixon to help you navigate the claims process and make sure you get the maximum compensation you can. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We know how difficult it is to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you are injured on the job. Reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Crestwood, MO, now for a free consultation and case review.
What Crestwood Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Crestwood workers comp lawyers right away, there are a few steps workers should take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there’s a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to a physician as soon as possible and receive treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- File An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers who are injured at work to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report can prevent future accidents. Be sure to report your injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things you can do is to document everything. This may include physical limitations due to an injury, medical bills, lost wages, childcare, transportation costs, and other expenses. This information can help you win your Crestwood workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Compensation Lawyer: We are serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household may suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace injury.
What if I’m at fault for the accident? Whose doctor do I go to? How do I file a claim? These are important questions that your Crestwood, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless ways you can be injured on the job. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm focuses on includes:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to physical problems like not being able to bend a knee or shoulder, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that may impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Crestwood workers compensation lawyers at Dixon can help injured employees and their families get the compensation they deserve. You can reach out to us today for a free case evaluation.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Crestwood
There are several benefits workers can receive if they are hurt at work. You may receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member due to a workplace accident such as exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve gotten over the course of their employment. In Crestwood, MO, you will be entitled to two-thirds of your average weekly salary if you can’t work after an accident.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to disability and medical benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Crestwood as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help hurt workers with complicated claims and get compensation. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or even workplace violence.
Call Your Crestwood Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Crestwood workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a number of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers comp claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Crestwood after an accident. The good news is you can contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Crestwood, MO, fight to win.