Workers Compensation Attorneys in Creve Coeur, MO
Contact the Creve Coeur, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Creve Coeur, MO. The lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured workers and their families get compensation after an accident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases involving on-site and work-related incidents. These include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It is our goal to support injured workers and help them and their families receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Please contact us today to learn more about our Creve Coeur, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Creve Coeur workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering compensation after a workplace incident. Getting hurt at work can lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you’re injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability will cover 66 percent of an injured worker’s average weekly salary for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees who were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end when a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have 30 days to tell an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a two-year time limit to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is important to reach out to Creve Coeur workers compensation attorneys immediately if you are injured to receive maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Some benefits you can receive include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member is killed on the job, families can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you are injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- A major difference between Creve Coeur workers compensation claims and personal injury claims is that injured employees are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between workers and their employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in return you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It is our goal at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and make sure that you get the maximum compensation possible. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We understand how stressful it is to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured on the job. Reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Creve Coeur, MO, now for a free case review and consultation.
What Creve Coeur Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Creve Coeur workers comp lawyers right away, there are a few steps you can take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there is a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to your physician as quickly as possible and get treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Submit An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that are injured on the job to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report can prevent future injuries. Be sure to report the injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing you can do is to document everything. This may include physical limitations due to an injury, medical bills, lost wages, childcare, transportation costs, and other expenses. All of this information can help you win your Creve Coeur workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Work-Comp Attorney: We are serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household suffers greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are crucial questions that your Creve Coeur, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of different ways you can be injured on the job. Areas that Dixon specializes in includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to physical problems like not being able to bend a knee or shoulder, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Creve Coeur workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm can help injured employees and their families get the compensation they deserve. Feel free to contact us today for a free case review.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Creve Coeur
There are several benefits workers can receive if they are injured at work. You can get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died due to a workplace accident like a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would have gotten over the course of their career. In Creve Coeur, MO, you should get two-thirds of your average weekly salary if you can’t work after an accident.
Missouri workers are entitled to both medical and disability benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Creve Coeur as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help hurt workers with complicated claims and get compensation. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a bodily injury, a slip or fall, overexertion, being struct by an object, a highway accident, or workplace violence.
Contact Your Creve Coeur Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Creve Coeur workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers comp claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Creve Coeur as quickly as possible. The good news is you can contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Creve Coeur, MO, fight to win.