Workers Compensation Attorneys in Dardenne Prairie, MO
Contact the Dardenne Prairie, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Dardenne Prairie, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured workers and their families get reimbursement after an incident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases involving work-related and on-site incidents. These may include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It is our job to support injured workers and help them receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Feel free to contact us now to learn more about our Dardenne Prairie, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Dardenne Prairie workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering damages after any workplace accident. Getting hurt on the job can lead to complications such as medical bills, unpaid wages, and thousands of dollars in fees. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you are hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability will cover 66 percent of your average weekly salary for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees who were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end when a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have 30 days to tell an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a 2-year time limit to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s essential to contact Dardenne Prairie workers compensation attorneys immediately if you’re injured to receive maximum compensation and legal advice.
- Benefits you can receive include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member dies on the job, families can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 mentions loss of suitable and gainful employment. For example, if you’re injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- The major difference between Dardenne Prairie workers comp claims and personal injury claims is that workers can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between workers and their employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in return you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It is our goal at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and ensure you get the maximum compensation possible. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We understand how stressful it is to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you are injured on the job. Feel free to reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Dardenne Prairie, MO, now for a free consultation and case review.
What Dardenne Prairie Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Dardenne Prairie workers comp attorneys right away, there are a few steps workers can take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there’s a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to a physician as quickly as possible to receive treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that are hurt at work to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report can prevent future injuries. Be sure to report the injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing to do is to document everything. This may include expenses like medical bills, childcare, lost wages, medical bills, and any physical limitations. All of this information can help you justify your Dardenne Prairie workers compensation claim.
- Call A Work-Comp Lawyer: We are serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household may suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace accident.
What if I’m at fault for the accident? Whose doctor do I go to? How do I file a claim? These are important questions that your Dardenne Prairie, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of ways you can be hurt at work. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm specializes in includes the following:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to serious health problems like being unable to bend a knee or shoulder, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Dardenne Prairie workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm can help injured workers and their families get the compensation they deserve. You can reach out to us today for a free case assessment.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Dardenne Prairie
There are several benefits workers can receive if they’re injured at work. You can receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member due to a workplace accident such as a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve received over the course of their employment. In Dardenne Prairie, MO, you will get two-thirds of your average weekly salary if you can’t work after an accident.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to both disability and medical benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Dardenne Prairie as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help injured workers with complex claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Contact Your Dardenne Prairie Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Dardenne Prairie workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers compensation claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Dardenne Prairie as quickly as possible. The best part is you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Dardenne Prairie, MO, fight to win.