Workers Compensation Attorneys in De Soto, MO
Call the De Soto, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in De Soto, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured workers and their families receive reimbursement after an incident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases regarding on-site and work-related incidents. These may include slips and falls, back injuries, safety failures, and even wage and hour violations. It is our job to support injured workers and help them get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Go ahead and contact us now to learn more about our De Soto, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The De Soto workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering compensation after a workplace accident. Being injured at work can lead to complications such as medical bills, unpaid wages, and thousands of dollars in fees. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation cases:
- If you are injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Typically, temporary disability will cover 66 percent of an injured worker’s average weekly salary for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers that were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end once a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, you have one month to inform an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a two-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is essential to reach out to De Soto workers compensation attorneys immediately if you are injured to receive maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Some benefits you may claim include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member dies on the job, survivors are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 mentions loss of suitable and gainful employment. For instance, if you’re injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so injured employees can get a new job within their abilities.
- A major difference between De Soto workers compensation claims and personal injury cases is that injured workers can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are more-or-less a trade-off between employees and their employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in return you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It’s our goal at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you get through the claims process and ensure that you get the maximum compensation possible. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We know how stressful it can be to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you’re injured at work. Please contact our workers compensation attorneys in De Soto, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
What De Soto Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting De Soto workers comp attorneys straight away, there are a few steps you can take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there’s a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to a physician as quickly as possible and get treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Fill Out An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees who are injured at work to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report may prevent future accidents. Always report your injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing you can do is to document everything. This includes physical limitations due to an injury, medical bills, lost wages, childcare, transportation costs, and other expenses. All of this information can help you win your De Soto workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Workers Compensation Attorney: We are serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace injury.
How do you file a claim? Which doctor do I go to? What if I’m at fault? These are crucial questions that your De Soto, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of ways you can be injured at work. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm specializes in includes:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to serious health problems like being unable to bend your shoulder or flex, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that may impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The De Soto workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured employees and their families get the compensation they deserve. Please contact us today for a free case assessment.
Benefits for Injured Workers in De Soto
There are several benefits workers can receive if they’re hurt at work. You may receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died due to a workplace accident such as a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve gotten over the course of their career. In De Soto, MO, you’ll be entitled to two-thirds of your average weekly salary while you can’t work after an accident.
Missouri workers are entitled to both medical and disability benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in De Soto as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help injured workers with complicated claims and get compensation. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or even workplace violence.
Call Your De Soto Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The De Soto workers compensation attorneys at Dixon specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers compensation claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in De Soto as soon as possible. The best part is you can contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ for answers to any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in De Soto, MO, fight to win.