Workers Compensation Attorneys in Defiance, MO
Call the Defiance, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Defiance, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families get compensation after an incident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases regarding work-related and on-site accidents. These include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It’s our job to support injured workers and help them receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Please contact us today if you have any questions about our Defiance, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Defiance workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering damages after any workplace accident. Getting injured at work can lead to complications such as medical bills, unpaid wages, and thousands of dollars in fees. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims:
- If you’re hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability will cover 66 percent of an injured worker’s average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees who were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end when a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, you have one month to inform an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a two-year statute of limitations to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s essential to contact Defiance workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you’re injured to receive maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Benefits you may receive include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member is killed on the job, survivors can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 brings up loss of gainful and suitable employment. For instance, if you’re injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- A big difference between Defiance workers comp claims and personal injury claims is that workers are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between workers and their employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in return you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It is our job at Dixon to help you get through the claims process and ensure that you get the maximum compensation you can. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We understand how stressful it can be to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you’re injured at work. Feel free to reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Defiance, MO, now for a free case review and consultation.
What Defiance Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Defiance workers comp attorneys right away, there are a few steps workers should take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there’s a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to a physician as soon as possible to get treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Submit An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees who were hurt on the job to inform their employer within 30 days. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report may prevent future injuries. Be sure to report your injury.
- Document Everything: An important thing you can do is to document everything. This includes physical limitations due to an injury, medical bills, lost wages, childcare, transportation costs, and other expenses. This information can help you win your Defiance workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Workers Comp Attorney: We’re serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household may suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace injury.
How do you file a claim? Which doctor do I go to? What if I’m at fault? These are crucial questions that your Defiance, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless different ways you can be hurt on the job. Areas that Dixon focuses on includes:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to serious health problems like not being able to bend your shoulder or flex, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The Defiance workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured employees and their families get the compensation they deserve. Feel free to contact us now for a free case evaluation.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Defiance
There are several benefits workers can receive if they are injured at work. You can get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died due to a workplace accident like a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve gotten over the course of their career. In Defiance, MO, you’ll be entitled to two-thirds of your weekly wages while you can’t work after an injury.
Missouri workers are entitled to medical and disability benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Defiance as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help hurt workers with complex claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a slip or fall, repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or by a similar incident.
Contact Your Defiance Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Defiance workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a variety of different areas, including:
An essential thing to remember about workers comp claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Defiance after an accident. The good news is you can contact Chris Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Defiance, MO, fight to win.