Workers Compensation Attorneys in Des Peres, MO
Contact the Des Peres, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Des Peres, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured workers and their families receive reimbursement after an accident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases involving work-related and on-site accidents. These may include wage and hour violations, slips and falls, knee and leg injuries, back injuries, and safety failures. It is our goal to support injured workers and help them and their families receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Go ahead and contact us now if you have any questions about our Des Peres, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Des Peres workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering damages after any workplace incident. Being injured at work may lead to unpaid bills, thousands of dollars in medical fees, and other complications. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you are hurt on the job in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability covers 66 percent of your average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers that were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end once a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, you have one month to tell an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a 2-year statute of limitations to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is important to contact Des Peres workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you’re injured to receive maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Some benefits you may claim include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member is killed on the job, families are able to get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 mentions loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you are injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers will have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can get a new job within their abilities.
- The major difference between Des Peres workers compensation claims and personal injury claims is that injured workers can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are more-or-less a trade-off between employees and their employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in return you can claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It is our job at Dixon to help you get through the claims process and make sure you get the maximum compensation you can. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We know how difficult it is to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you are injured at work. Feel free to reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Des Peres, MO, today for a free case review and consultation.
What Des Peres Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Des Peres workers comp attorneys right away, there are a few steps workers can take after an accident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there is a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to a physician as soon as possible to receive treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Submit An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that were injured at work to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report may prevent future accidents. Be sure to report your injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things to do is to document everything. This includes physical limitations due to an injury, medical bills, lost wages, childcare, transportation costs, and other expenses. All of this information can help you make your Des Peres workers compensation claim.
- Call A Workers Comp Attorney: We are serious about the importance of contacting a workers compensation attorney near you. A household can suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
What if I’m at fault for the accident? Whose doctor do I go to? How do I file a claim? These are crucial questions that your Des Peres, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless ways you can be injured at work. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm focuses on includes:
Repetitive motions, for example, can lead to physical problems like being unable to bend your shoulder or flex, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that may impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The Des Peres workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm can help injured employees and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. Please contact us now for a free case review.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Des Peres
There are a number of benefits workers can receive if they are injured on the job. You may get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If a family member died due to a workplace accident like a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would have gotten over the course of their life. In Des Peres, MO, you’ll get two-thirds of your weekly wages if you can’t work after an accident.
Missouri workers are entitled to both disability and medical benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Des Peres as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to help injured workers with complex claims and get reimbursement. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or even workplace violence.
Contact Your Des Peres Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Des Peres workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a number of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers comp cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Des Peres as soon as possible. The best part is you can contact Chris Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Des Peres, MO, fight to win.