Workers Compensation Attorneys in Dittmer, MO
Call the Dittmer, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Dittmer, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families get compensation after an incident. We specialize in Missouri work-comp cases involving work-related and on-site accidents. These may include bodily injuries, wage and hour violations, slips and falls, and safety failures. It is our goal to support injured workers and help them get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Feel free to contact us now to learn more about our Dittmer, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Dittmer workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering damages after a workplace incident. Being hurt at work may lead to complications such as medical bills, unpaid wages, and thousands of dollars in fees. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation cases:
- If you’re injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability will cover two-thirds of your average wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles workers who were injured to 66 percent wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end once a physician clears an injured employee as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have 30 days to inform an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there’s a 2-year time limit to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It’s important to reach out to Dittmer workers compensation attorneys immediately if you are injured to get maximum compensation and legal advice.
- Benefits you may receive include expenses such as medical care, lost wages, and partial disability. If a family member is killed on the job, survivors can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 brings up loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you’re injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so injured employees can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- The big difference between Dittmer workers comp claims and personal injury cases is that injured workers are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are more-or-less a trade-off between workers and employers. You can’t sue co-workers or employers and in return you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It is our goal at Dixon to help you navigate the claims process and make sure that you get the maximum compensation possible. Remember: The point of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We understand how difficult it is to deal with expenses like medical bills compounded by lost wages if you are injured on the job. Feel free to reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Dittmer, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
What Dittmer Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Dittmer workers comp lawyers straight away, there are a few steps you should take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there is a workplace injury:
- Seek Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to a physician as soon as possible to receive treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- File An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees that were hurt on the job to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report may prevent future injuries. Be sure to report the injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things you can do is to document everything. This includes medical expenses, any limitations caused by the injury, medical records, childcare, and even transportation costs. All of this information can help you justify your Dittmer workers compensation claim.
- Call A Work-Comp Lawyer: We are serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household may suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our job to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages following a workplace accident.
What if I’m at fault for the accident? Whose doctor do I go to? How do I file a claim? These are crucial questions that your Dittmer, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless different ways you can be injured at work. Areas that Dixon specializes in includes:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to physical problems like not being able to bend a knee or shoulder, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The Dittmer workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. You can reach out to us today for a free case evaluation.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Dittmer
There are several benefits workers can receive if they are hurt at work. You can get partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member due to a workplace accident like a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would’ve gotten over the course of their employment. In Dittmer, MO, you should be entitled to two-thirds of your average weekly salary if you can’t work after an accident.
Missouri workers are entitled to both disability and medical benefits. If you have trouble receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Dittmer as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help injured workers with complicated claims and get compensation. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by repetitive motion, overexertion, were in a highway accident, or even workplace violence.
Call Your Dittmer Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your lawyer, union rep if you have one, and your employer. The Dittmer workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a number of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers compensation claims is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Dittmer after an accident. The good news is you can contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Dittmer, MO, fight to win.