Workers Compensation Attorneys in Fayette, MO
Contact the Fayette, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Fayette, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured workers and their families get compensation after an incident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases involving work-related and on-site incidents. These include slips and falls, back injuries, safety failures, and even wage and hour violations. It’s our goal to support injured workers and help them get compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing you to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Go ahead and contact us now if you have any questions about our Fayette, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Fayette workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are your solution for recovering compensation after any workplace accident. Being injured at work can lead to lifestyle changes and thousands in bills and expenses. Here are a few things to know about Missouri workers compensation claims and cases:
- If you are injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to get temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability covers two-thirds of your average gross wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees that were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temp benefits end when a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement has been reached.
- In Missouri, workers have 30 days to inform an employer about an injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a 2-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is essential to get in touch with Fayette workers compensation attorneys as soon as possible if you are injured to get maximum compensation and legal representation.
- Some benefits you may claim include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member is killed on the job, families can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 brings up loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you’re injured, you may not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so an injured employee can find a new line of work within their abilities.
- The major difference between Fayette workers compensation claims and personal injury cases is that injured employees can’t claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are more-or-less a trade-off between employees and their employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in turn you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are based on fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complicated. It is our goal at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you get through the claims process and ensure that you get the maximum compensation possible. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to start a lawsuit. We understand how stressful it is to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you are injured at work. Feel free to reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Fayette, MO, today for a free case review and consultation.
What Fayette Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Besides contacting Fayette workers comp lawyers right away, there are a few steps you should take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do if there’s a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important thing you can do is to get help. Report to your physician as soon as possible and receive treatment. Get copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- Submit An Accident Report: States like Missouri require employees who are hurt on the job to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, submitting a report can prevent future accidents. Always report your injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things to do is to document everything. This may include expenses like medical bills, childcare, lost wages, medical bills, and any physical limitations. This information can help you justify your Fayette workers compensation claim.
- Call A Work-Comp Attorney: We are serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household may suffer greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
How do you file a claim? Which doctor do I go to? What if I’m at fault? These are important questions that your Fayette, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are a lot of different ways you can be hurt on the job. Areas that the Dixon Injury Firm focuses on includes:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to physical problems like being unable to bend your shoulder or flex, and may be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a person’s ability to advance in their careers. The Fayette workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are here to help injured workers and their families get the reimbursement they deserve. Feel free to contact us today for a free case assessment.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Fayette
There are several benefits workers can receive if they are injured at work. You may receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member because of a workplace accident such as a fall or occupational exposure to harmful chemicals, the surviving family members (children or a spouse) may be able to get the amount the employee would have gotten over the course of their life. In Fayette, MO, you should get two-thirds of your average weekly salary if you can’t work after an accident.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to disability and medical benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Fayette as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help hurt workers with complex claims and get reimbursement. You might be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a bodily injury, a slip or fall, overexertion, being struct by an object, a highway accident, or workplace violence.
Call Your Fayette Workers Compensation Attorney Today
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Fayette workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a number of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers compensation cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Fayette directly after an accident. The good news is you can contact Chris Dixon at (314) 409-7060 for a free case assessment and review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Fayette, MO, fight to win.