Workers Compensation Attorneys in Ferguson, MO
Call the Ferguson, MO, workers compensation lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free case review.
Workers Compensation Attorneys in Ferguson, MO. The attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm help injured workers and their families receive compensation after an accident. We specialize in Missouri workers compensation cases regarding on-site and work-related incidents. These include wage and hour violations, slips and falls, knee and leg injuries, back injuries, and safety failures. It’s our job to support injured workers and help them and their families receive compensation for their losses. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Clients pay on contingency, allowing them to focus on recovering and avoid legal fees. Go ahead and contact us today to learn more about our Ferguson, MO, workers compensation attorneys.
The Ferguson workers compensation attorneys at Dixon are your solution for recovering compensation after a workplace accident. Getting hurt at work may lead to complications such as medical bills, unpaid wages, and thousands of dollars in fees. Here are a few things you should know about Missouri workers compensation claims:
- If you are injured at work in Missouri, you may be able to receive temporary total or partial disability benefits. Usually, temporary disability covers 66 percent of your average gross wages for a certain amount of time. Temporary partial disability entitles employees who were injured to two-thirds wages who are placed in a modified job position. Temporary benefits end once a physician clears a worker as recovered or when maximum medical improvement is reached.
- In Missouri, you have 30 days to inform an employer about the injury. According to Missouri Statute 287.430, there is a 2-year time-frame to file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. It is essential to reach out to Ferguson workers compensation attorneys immediately if you are injured to receive maximum compensation and legal help.
- Benefits you can claim include medical care, partial/temporary disability, and other expenses. If a family member dies on the job, survivors can get benefits and get up to $5,000 in burial costs among other benefits.
- Missouri Statute 287.148 brings up loss of gainful and suitable employment. For example, if you are injured, you might not be able to work in your previous position. Most employers have to offer vocational training so injured employees can get a new job within their abilities.
- The big difference between Ferguson workers compensation claims and personal injury cases is that injured employees are unable to claim pain and suffering. Workers compensation laws are a trade-off between workers and their employers. You can’t sue employers or co-workers and in return you are able to claim lost wages and other benefits. Personal injury claims are framed around fault and negligence.
Missouri labor laws are complex. It’s our goal at the Dixon Injury Firm to help you navigate the claims process and ensure that you get the most compensation you can. Remember: The purpose of workers compensation is to provide coverage, not give you the ability to begin a lawsuit. We know how difficult it is to deal with medical bills, lost time at work, and other expenses if you’re injured at work. Reach out to our workers compensation attorneys in Ferguson, MO, today for a free case review and consultation.
What Ferguson Workers Should Do If They’re Injured On The Job
Aside from contacting Ferguson workers comp lawyers straight away, there are a few steps you can take after an incident. Here is what you or a family member should do after there’s a workplace injury:
- Get Medical Attention: The most important step is to get help. Report to your physician as soon as possible to get treatment. Request copies of x-rays and other medical records.
- File An Accident Report: States like Missouri require workers that were hurt on the job to inform their employer within a month. Even if injuries are minor, filing a report can prevent future injuries. Be sure to report the injury.
- Document Everything: One of the most important things to do is to document everything. This includes physical limitations due to an injury, medical bills, lost wages, childcare, transportation costs, and other expenses. All of this information can help you win your Ferguson workers compensation claim.
- Contact A Workers Compensation Attorney: We’re serious about how essential it is to contact a workers compensation attorney near you. A household suffers greatly from lost income, and it’s our goal to help you mitigate injuries and recover financial damages after a workplace accident.
Do you have to see your own doctor? How do you file a claim? What if I’m at fault in a workplace injury? These are important questions that your Ferguson, MO, workers compensation attorney can answer. There are countless different ways you can be injured at work. Areas that Dixon specializes in includes:
Repetitive motions, for instance, can lead to serious health problems like not being able to bend your shoulder or flex, and can be considered a workers compensation claim. Jobs can also cause stress that can impact a worker’s ability to advance in their careers. The Ferguson workers compensation lawyers at Dixon can help injured workers and their families get the compensation they deserve. Feel free to contact us now for a free case evaluation.
Benefits for Injured Workers in Ferguson
There are several benefits workers can receive if they’re hurt at work. You may receive partial or temporary disability, lost wages, reimbursement for treatment, compensation for vocational training, and other benefits. If you’ve lost a family member because of a workplace accident such as exposure or a fall, the surviving family members (the spouse or children) may be able to get the amount the employee would have received over the course of their career. In Ferguson, MO, you will receive two-thirds of your average weekly salary while you can’t work after an accident.
Workers in Missouri are entitled to disability and medical benefits. If you have problems receiving benefits, you should contact a local workers compensation attorney in Ferguson as soon as possible. Our attorneys work to help hurt workers with complicated claims and get compensation. You may be eligible for workers compensation benefits if you were hurt by a bodily injury, a slip or fall, overexertion, being struct by an object, a highway accident, or workplace violence.
Call Your Ferguson Workers Compensation Attorney Now
In most cases, the process for filing a compensation claim is straightforward. The important thing for you to do is to communicate with your employer, your union representative (if you have one), and get in touch with a lawyer. The Ferguson workers compensation attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm specialize in a number of different areas, including:
The important thing to remember about workers comp cases is to document everything and to contact a workers compensation lawyer in Ferguson as soon as possible. The good news is you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm at (314) 409-7060 for a free consultation and case review. You can also visit our FAQ if you have any questions about personal injury claims. Our Workers Compensation Attorneys in Ferguson, MO, fight to win.